Ontario has by far the largest provincial economy in Canada, where almost 40% of all Canadians live. Its capital Toronto is the most populous city in Canada.
The province relies heavily on its services sector while combined motor vehicles & parts, mechanical equipment and electrical machinery make almost half of Ontario's international exports. Due to its highly developed business infrastructure, Ontario is an ideal place for entering the Canadian market or forming a joint venture with local partners.
The incorporation procedures and further activities of Ontario Business Corporations are regulated by the provincial Business Corporations Act.
Ontario company formation is started with the NUANS Name Search.
ONTARIO CORPORATION FACTS:
- Corporate tax: YES
- Corporation income tax return filing: YES
- Annual return filing requirements: YES
- Names disclosure in public records:
Shareholders - NO,
Beneficial Owners - NO,
Directors - YES
- Non-resident directors: ALLOWED (25% of directors with a minimum of one must be Canadian residents)
- Standard Share Capital: 1,000 SHARES WITHOUT PAR VALUE
- Bearer shares: NOT ALLOWED
- Registered Office Required: YES, must be in Ontario
- Corporate Suffixes: "Limited", "Limitée", "Incorporated", "Incorporée" or "Corporation" or the corresponding abbreviations "Ltd.", "Ltée", "Inc." or "Corp." must be part of the corporation name
ONTARIO INCORPORATION SET:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Articles of Incorporation
- By-Law No 1
- NUANS Search Report
- Director(s) Consent
- Share Issuance Resolution
- Share Certificate(s)
CORPORATE TAX RATE:
Federal Corporate Income Tax: 11%* and 16.5%** higher rate
Ontario Corporate Income Tax: 4.5%* and 12%*** higher rate
* For Canadian controlled corporations after the small business deduction
** Federal Corporate Income Tax Higher Rate Reductions:
*** Ontario Corporate Income Tax Higher Rate Reductions:
- 15% effective January 1, 2012
- 11.5% effective July 1, 2011
- 11% effective July 1, 2012
- 10% effective July 1, 2013
The incorporation procedure in Ontario is completed the same day as the order was placed. Electronic corporate documents are sent to the client shortly thereafter.
Please contact us to obtain additional information or to place an order.
Copyright (C) 2000-2013 UNITRUST CAPITAL CORP.
Home | Disclaimer